Top ten things to do in the North Devon winter
It’s still winter here in Devon and while it may be cold for another few months, it certainly doesn't mean you’ll be stuck for things to do. North Devon takes on a completely different but equally as stunning character throughout the winter season. There is a whole beautiful county to explore, just be sure to wrap up warm and you’ll see for yourself the spectacular landscapes and countryside coastal views that the winter season can produce.
Today marks the day that the gates to our caravans and lodges close until Easter. Fortunately, our cottages are open all year round which are perfect for cosy family time as well as some brave adventures in the fresh sea breeze.
On top of that we've even gone to the effort of listing out the best things to do in North Devon throughout the frosty season.
1. North Devon is famous for it's beaches in the summer, but they can be even better in the winter. Go to one of the amazing local beaches in the refreshing winter to blow away the cobwebs. You may even have the whole beach to yourself.
2. Enjoy the country walks - Watersmeet on Exmoor.
3. Cosy country pubs. Tuck in to a hearty roast dinner on a lazy Sunday.
4. Family time. Sometimes you need to take a break away to spend some real family time together, these are the memories you'll never forget.
5. Watch the sea. Whether your walking the coastal paths, sitting on the seaside with some fish and chips or enjoying the beach with your family - the sea is mesmerizing in the winter.
6. Surf. Autumn and winter can be the best seasons to surf in the UK. Just make sure you have a good quality winter wetsuit.
7. Kick back in a hot tub. One of our cottages has its own private hot tub to hire and in the winter the warm is very inviting. The steam slowly rising from a good hot tub has a special attraction when its cold.
8. Sledging on Exmoor. While most of North Devon doesn't often get snow, Exmoor does and it can be a lot of fun.
9. Warm up with some fish & chips. They're an all-year-round treat in North Devon.
10. There are still plenty of attractions that are open throughout the winter period. The Big Sheep and The Milky Way are among the open adventure parks in the area. Visit our website for a list of local attractions.
So we've still got plenty to keep everyone happy - just don’t forget your hat and gloves!
See www.helevalley.co.uk for more.